Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rogue Review Preview
07-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Re: Hunters mark
Hotaldine Wrote:If you read what hunters mark does then this is stupid, the whole point of hunters mark is that hunters can see the target they are tracking no matter what

i tend to agree with hotal here, this makes hunters mark solely for the AP, it is designed to makie it so you can always see a rogue in stealth after you fight it once (for the enxt 2 minutes, anyways). also, if they pwned hunters mark, why didnt they pwn faerie fire!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2006, 07:13 PM

Hey now, hunter's mark specifies stealth or invisibilty, not improved stealth, which is what vanish says. And hunters mark will still work on regular stealthed rogues, druids, and anyone using invisibility pots or cloaking devices.

[Image: 681lboyR.png]
07-03-2006, 07:47 PM

James Wrote:Have you ever hunted something thats invisible before moo? Rolling Eyes

james....while you are invisible you still would leave foot prints....still put off heat....still have an oder.....
07-03-2006, 08:42 PM

Moomaster Wrote:
James Wrote:Have you ever hunted something thats invisible before moo? Rolling Eyes

james....while you are invisible you still would leave foot prints....still put off heat....still have an oder.....

gg

...but do you like hunt with thermal goggles or something? cuz i dont know anybody who can track by body heat >.>
07-03-2006, 10:29 PM

A few clarifications from Drysc:

Expose Armor will stack with Sunder Armor. (Looks like we could use a few people to spec Imp EA).
Imp Sprint will only break impairments on use, not make you immune to them.
Vanish will not remove Faerie Fire.

[Image: 36317uqWZx.png]
07-03-2006, 10:52 PM

sheriffnobo Wrote:A few clarifications from Drysc:

Expose Armor will stack with Sunder Armor. (Looks like we could use a few people to spec Imp EA).
Imp Sprint will only break impairments on use, not make you immune to them.
Vanish will not remove Faerie Fire.

does sprint break nova? cuz theres no way im gonna beat any rogue with equal gear to me if so
07-03-2006, 11:01 PM

Pretty good stuff. Reila QQ'n as expected Smile

Depending on gear and the final results, sub might still be worth reaching into for PvE (you listed off 2 or 3 thigns saying "it's too deep, so I can't help but think it might be worth it after all)

The expose armor isn't really "half" nerf either. It's true that gear has changed, and playstyle has evolved as the class has become better understood, but you don't often expose armor on a priest. I guess a shammy w/ a shield or something it might not be as worth it as it was. Truthfully, it's for bears n' warriors, and I'm willing to bet you'll be happy as fucking pie to punch a bigger hole into my 11K armor. now.

Sorry about farie fire. I guess it's a bit of a design decision more than "makes sense" on what they want and don't want to use. Hunters mark is magic, just... Not magic enough I guess?

Lots of cleanup, lots of buffs. Point efficiency (especially in sub.) vastly improved.

Imp-KS could be a HUGE thing depending on how it's mechanics work. I'm wondering if it affects all damage taken? Seems like it might... By how much? We'll see.

Any word on eviscerate? Somehow I doubt we'll see what everyone has been asking for on that, but who knows.

I don't know if you double-checked rei. But I think setup was the 'add combo point on dodge' talent. With sub's improved viability and the pre-req gone, methinks it'll be worth picking up for pvp reasons.

[Image: drinky_sqrl.gif]
07-03-2006, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2006 12:50 AM by sheriffnobo.)

Yes, Imp Kidney Shot will affect all damage taken, not just damage done by the rogue. Source. Edit: Actually says damage done by all attackers, so could be interpretted as just all melee damage.

And a bit off topic, but Expose and Sunder Armor are actually more effective again low armor targets than against higher ones. It's because the abilities reduce armor by a fixed amount, and your first 1k points in armor give a lot more damage reduction than your last 1k points. Dropping a 1700 Expose armor on a 2.5k armor priest drops his mitigation from 31.25% to 12.7%, where the same EA on a 7k warrior only changes it from 56% to 49%.

07-04-2006, 12:42 AM

but do you like hunt with thermal goggles or something? cuz i dont know anybody who can track by body heat

soldiers do all the time. IR/heat signature sniper scopes FTW

I Became Insane with Long Intervals of Horrible Sanity.
07-04-2006, 01:01 AM

And Predators. Never know when those fuckers are gonna come jumping out of trees throwing spears and discs and shit.

Unum momentum laxitatis ad aetam haeresis potest agere.
Numquam veniam da.
Numquam dedisce.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJkvt-6nEhTrHShNCXSHz...NYkqbyvS-U]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2006, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2006 07:22 PM by Reila.)

Hey now, I said I was liking the patch less, but thats as a primarlity pve type person. This patch is fantastic for pvp.

Sub will never be worth going deep into for pve because there are like three talents that increase dps and by going deep you lock yourself off from the other good dps talents.

The half nerf I was talking about on Expose Armor was for raiding purposes. It will have to be at least a 42.5% armor reduction in its new form to do the same amount of mitigation on an average raid level target as the previous form did. If they had just made sunder and EA stack with EA in its current form it would have been more powerful, hence the nerf. It will all depend on the numbers.

They are also not doing anything to some of our weaker talents like Aggresion and Lethality, which are not in line with the benefit of other talents.

I am withholding final judgement until I see all the changes and placements, but I am not holding my breath.

By the way, my guess on the placement for the new talents is
WEx T4Combat
HS T4Sub
Deadliness T6Sub

[Image: 681lboyR.png]
07-04-2006, 04:10 AM

Need to retract some of what I said about Expose Armor earlier. I though they were keeping EA as a flat reduction, and the Imp talent was increasing that by a percent. What I said before was accurate for the current implementation. However, with EA reducing total armor by a percent, it will indeed be more helpful against higher armor targets than lower ones. For example, if EA reduces armor 20%, you'll do 6% more damage against a 2k armor target, 9% against 4k, and 11% against 6k.

07-04-2006, 08:38 AM

i predict even easier stunlocks that produce more dmg.

my build, little of which was mentioned, remains untouched. I see it being a huge pvp buff, but at what cost? Like reila mentioned, alot of the good things they mentioned being burried in the subtely tree is a bad thing. No one specs subtley for raiding, the dmg output/crit % isnt good and nor is the combo point generation. The reasons for going combat and assassination.

There are now talents that are required for pvp, imp detection? humans get perception, but this is a passive. It is not even hard to find rogues now. The true buff comes against other stealthed classes and melded NE's, but if you dont get it, you are gimped vs other rogues.

eh, curious too see it on the test realm.

envy me.
07-04-2006, 08:41 AM

Depending on how far down certain talents are, My talent tree may remain the same too

http://www.Jimo.co.uk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2006, 09:24 AM

Reila Wrote:WEx T4Combat
HS T4Sub
Deadliness T6Sub

YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP