Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Burning Crusade Beta Soon?
08-21-2006, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2006 07:52 PM by James.)
Burning Crusade Beta Soon?
https://beta.worldofwarcraft.com/expansion

Discuss, they were talking about having the beta come out for the expansion sometime after 1.12, and theres already an Alpha test page up, maybe a beta page soonish?

http://www.Jimo.co.uk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2006, 09:48 PM
RE: Burning Crusade Beta Soon?
how exactly do beta's work? (like...getting in on the beta). ive never really had the chance or cared enough to look into a beta, but BC sounds like id want to for once.
Find all posts by this user
08-21-2006, 09:56 PM
If your not already in it your chances are low of getting into it. Attendies of blizzcon I belive have a pass to it and I think they gave away some passes in some of the contests.

You can think of it like playing wow but with more bugs, but the devs are probably a lot more responsive when you report a problem.

Meh, I would almost wait and just see the finall content. To properly test it you would have to beat the hell out of it and that might kind of kill it. Besides you wont be able to keep your beta characture (probably) and do you really want to level something up to 70 that your going to lose?
08-21-2006, 10:04 PM
alright new plan, type every random cd key until i find one that works, we start with 000000-0000-000000-0000-000000! gogogogo!
08-21-2006, 10:14 PM
The wow alpha was not based on cd keys. You had your account and password and had to verify your ip to be able to log into the game. They constantly did character wipes and I did the fucking NE quests 10 times during that NE phase. I got so burned out I can not step foot in auberdine without shaking. Yeah, you get to see alot of new content, but its unfinished and the servers go up and down. You are testing and not playing.

Once the open beta happened, all hell broke loose because people wanted to play the game and not actually test anything. I didnt bother to apply for a closed beta account this time, since all you are really doing is like riff said, leveling and grinding. And open betas are lame, people running around doing the same stupid shit they do in game now. People trying to level the fastest and get the newest gear, instead of wanting to try out different shit to see how it works.

all in all, you are not missing anything, you will have a better time expierencing things the 1st time when it is done.

envy me.
08-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Closed Beta = actual testers

If you're looking to have fun, try playing a game. Razz

And the closed beta went live yesterday.

Fear the Bakdu
08-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Yeah the point of being an alpha/beta tester is to find as many reproducable bugs and document them so you can report them and hope they're fixed before the product goes gold (hits store shelves). I was a open beta tester for Windows98 and all I thought was "Oh wow free copy of Windows98 and I can get a few dollars for each new bug I report! What could possibly go wrong?!?!?" Well......lots.
08-23-2006, 12:02 PM
http://xemcat.net/xem/xpac/info.txt

http://beta.worldofwarcraft.com/expansion/

Mages are going to be unkillable. And Rogues better get some good non-depleting thrown weapons with stats if they are going to base a useful class ability on it.

[Image: 681lboyR.png]
08-23-2006, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2006 12:46 PM by Skarrd.)
invis is nice, though i kinda wish i lasted longer, 20 seconds isnt much.??also if i cant see anybody, if they spot me without a detection on...im pretty dead unless they come in to sight in close range.??speed better not be decreased and we better be able to cast spells without breaking at the start of the cast, or its useless as everything but a "i dont want to die right now", and not even that useful as one since 20 seconds isnt much to go away and hide.

-edit- i also noticed that alot of the new (talents and not) spells seem to do pretty minimal damage, unless its rank 1 and it upgrades every 2 levels, im not seeing them as being super useful, guess we'll have to wait and see
08-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Based on that chat for the lock changes, all I have to say is "retarded."
08-23-2006, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2006 01:12 PM by Reila.)
I am at work and can't check, but I may have posted the wrong link.

This is the stuff I am talking about.

Quote:Fire Tree -

Burnout: increases the damage and mana cost of all spells by 2/4/6% after you hit a Dazed opponent with a Fire spell

Tier 8

Empowered Fireball: Your Fireball spell gains an additional 2/4/6/8/10% of your bonus spell damage effects

Tier 9

Dragon's Breath: Targets in a cone in front of the caster take 278 to 322 fire damage and are disoriented for 3 sec

Frost Tree -

Tier 7

Cold Hearted: Increases damage of all spells against wounded targets by 10/20/30%
Arctic Winds: Reduces the chance melee and ranged attacks will hit you by 1/2/3/4/5%

Tier 8

Empowered Frostbolt - identical to empowered fireball

Tier 9

Summon Water Elemental, summons a water elemental to fight for the caster

Arcane Tree -

Tier 7

student of magic: reduces the mana cost of all arcane spells by 5/10/15%
prismatic cloak: reduces all damage taken by 1/2/3/4/5%

Tier 8

mind mastery: increases spell damage by up to 5/10/15/20/25% of your total intellect

Tier 9

Slow: reduces targets movement speed by 50% and attack/casting speed by 20% for 15 sec

68 mana, instant cast.

New Mage Skills (base, not talented):

Molten Armor(lvl 62):
Causes 60 to 90 fire damage when hit and reduces the chance you are critically hit by melee attacks and spells by 10%

Ice Lance(lvl66):

Deals 219 to 281 frost damage to an enemy target. Damage is increased by 200% against frozen targets
1.5 sec cast, 150 mana

Arcane Blast(lvl 64):

Does 463 to 537 arcane damage
When casted within 8 seconds of previous cast, cast time goes down and mana cost goes up.
Starts out as a 2.5 sec cast, 190 mana cost

Spell Steal (lvl 70):

Steals a beneficial magic effect from the target. This effect lasts a maximum of 2 min.
Instant Cast, 52 mana cost.

Invisibility (lvl 68 ):

Gives invisibility for 20 seconds. can only see other invisible targets and people who can see invisible targets
5 min cooldown

New warlock skills:

Soulshatter (66): Reduces threat by 30% for all enemies. (2 health, Soul Shard, 5 min. cooldown.)

Incinerate (64): Deals 357 to 413 Fire damage to your target and an additional 89 to 104 Fire damage if the target is affected by an Immolate spell. (256 mana, 2.5s.)

New rogue skills:

Mutilate, 60 energy, daggers, instantly attacks with both weapons and gives 2 combo points

Shiv, instant off-hand attack that gives a 100% chance for the offhand poison to be applied, energy cost depends on weapon speed

Anasthetic poison, 30% chance of reducing threat by a moderate amount, 120 charges

New paladin skills:

seal of blood, all the paladin attacks do an additional 30% weapon damage as holy damage, but paladin loses 10% health of the total damage inflicted

blessing of spell warding, makes the target immune to magical attacks but they're silenced

crusader aura, increases mounted speed of all party members within 40 yards by 20%

08-23-2006, 01:33 PM
yeah thats what you posted rei, cept the link was an aim conversation with it
08-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah. That's what I was referring to. Using up an expansion ability for sub-par threat reduction for locks that should already be available and throwing a shard cost onto it when it already has a five minute cooldown is just retarded. Using up an expansion ability to finally give us a sub-par fire nuke that should be available (even if through talents) is just retarded. The talents and other abilities really need to make up for this shit.
08-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Ok, just making sure, the new spells seemed pretty good to me. None of them are straight damage, they all have secondary effect to make them more powerful, or have a mechanic to make them do more damage.

Also more of this stuff will start leaking, so don't worry about warlocks too much. The only thing we won't get for a while is Warriors and Shamans until the Draeni push comes out, and druids never.

08-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Heh. I'm just grumpy because the server isn't up. I'll live. I actually think the fire nuke is pretty nice just wish we already had it.