Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All Things Team Fortress and Steam
09-26-2007, 02:11 AM
RE: All Things Team Fortress and Steam
Pyros ftw.

Unum momentum laxitatis ad aetam haeresis potest agere.
Numquam veniam da.
Numquam dedisce.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJkvt-6nEhTrHShNCXSHz...NYkqbyvS-U]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2007, 02:45 PM
I haven't moved on past TF2 to try FF yet... still enjoying it way too much.

I really really enjoy the changes they've made to it.

I'll probably get around to FF in the next week or so Razz

Also: Why in the FUCK can't I seem to change my name back from [unknown]?

I joined a server a while ago, and at some point my name got changed to unknown, and now I can't seem to get it back. "name lolnoobsauce" doesn't do shit....

I'll get around to completely deleting my binds and starting from scratch, but it doesn't seem like I ought to do that... Anyone heard/seen anything about that?

[Image: drinky_sqrl.gif]
Find all posts by this user
09-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah I was talkin to Pag about TF2...and I haven't heard anything about it. Is it worth picking up?

Most of the forum dudes say FF is better (not to mention free) but then again, these are probably the same dudes who have played same ol TFC for a decade and can pretty much play the game with their telekinetic powers alone....with all their crazy ass binds and rocket jumping.

Numquam veniam da.
Numquam dedisce.
09-26-2007, 05:13 PM
TF2 uses your steam community name, try updating that and see if it fixes the problem.
09-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Riffzifnab Wrote:TF2 uses your steam community name, try updating that and see if it fixes the problem.

That was sorta the problem. I think it happened when I stopped the friends network and such from logging in. Turning that back on, saving, and quitting fixed the problem.

And for Ater:
I used to play both QWTF & TFC w/ bakdu(infidel) and right now I'm still completely enamored with TF2. We'll see how things are for clan-play, but pub playing has been a constant blast for me.

I think the big changes are great for shifting the game play into something I enjoy more.
No grenades make the combat feel far more intended than a huge spamfest.
The respawn timers seem to bring out the right things for me (a personal opinion if ever there was one). I don't feel like I have to fight the same defense five times before I'm out with the flag, death is a bit more meaningful, and dispensers/medics suddenly become much more useful.

I enjoy the crazy conc jumping and madness and what not, it's fun as hell, but I think I've always been more about the class vs. class combat, bringing your skills as a team to bear and crushing the enemy.

I'm sure I'll love FF to death when I get around to playing it, but so far TF2 has been great for me. It's definitely a different feel, but I think it's definitely got it's own place. I could see both TF2 and FF having thriving communities. I think they each bring something different and enjoyable to the table.

I guess my summary about TF2 is that it feels very polished and intended. They've cut out a lot of stuff, but so far I haven't felt like I miss it really. Time will tell if they've cut out so much that it gets repetitive and boring. (Considering counter-strike doesn't seem to, I'll guess that TF2 has long-term potential Razz)

[Image: drinky_sqrl.gif]
09-27-2007, 02:07 PM
In case anyone was wondering, the plan for the next map is as follows.

Filename: goat_se (Based on an unreleased map named goat. This is the special edition)

Concept: Madonna (I'm still waiting to hear from her publicist so it may be someone else, maybe Angelina Jolie or Michael Jackson) has agreed to strip and get it on with the team that can give her the most adopted black babies from Africa. The babies spawn in an area that resembles de_dust and must be brought back to Madonna. After she eats the baby she will remove an article of clothing. Each article will have a point value so not all baby captures will be worth the same amount of points.

Secrets: Instead of capturing a baby for points you can instead bring him or her to the legitimate adoption agency. Each baby you bring to the adoption agency will open up a secret teleporter available only to your team. This teleporter is not for the faint of heart however, for it appears as a giant goatse and is activated when you touch the anus. All is not lost however, because when you exit the teleport at your destination the enemy team will subjected to a short but loud blast of Britney Spears' latest smash hit and be forced to watch you being expelled from the tubgirl picture.

Bonus Features: Depending on the degree to which you have dominated your opponents they will subjected to varying degrees of disgusting images while you, as the winner, will be able to see a variety of cute kittens.

Misc: The layout for the map is based roughly upon educational drawings of male and female anatomy.
09-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Interesting point system at least. But you would probably have to bing her live babies so if the other team killed your "flag" carrier they couldn't cap it themselves. Otherwise it would just people waiting at the flag to get and cap your baby.

Good luck modeling some of that. d: Also goatse isn't that bad after awhile. I don't exactly go home and look at it, but its never as bad as your first time. d:
09-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Riffzifnab Wrote:I don't exactly go home and look at it, first time. d:

liers go to hell
09-27-2007, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2007 05:42 PM by Paganini.)
the winners should be rewarded by getting to participate in a lemon party

ps im leaning towards tf2 over ff. The it's just much more charming, and the character models are bigger so I can actually hit stuff

[Image: moowipedusthatfucker.jpg]
09-27-2007, 05:55 PM
I don't think any of us are old enough for a lemon party pag, try again in 40 years.
09-28-2007, 12:47 AM
dear god im so bad at TF2. I swear ill unload a clip into a guy then ill die and the stats thing will be like "good job! you did a total of 12 damage that round!"

ater and i rock at DOD. between the two of us we can usually kill one bad guy

[Image: moowipedusthatfucker.jpg]
09-28-2007, 02:20 AM
Yeah Pag and me do rule at DoD. And I can kill about .25 of a bad guy, Pag pulls the other 3/4.

From time to time though, Crom does smile upon our leetness and grants us a rampage, wherein each of us can handle one whole bad guy.

Numquam veniam da.
Numquam dedisce.
09-28-2007, 01:01 PM
I have been meaning to DoD it up with you guys one of these nights but your never on and then Bakdu comes around and tempts me with FF goodness. Maybe this weekend.
09-28-2007, 05:45 PM
HELOOOOOOOOOOOOO RAVEN GUARD!!!

It has been too long my friends, much much too long!

So how's everyone doing? I was talking to Ev the other day, and he mentioned you guys had a Steam group, and so I decided to drop by and look it up. I just joined a few minutes ago, I can't wait to shoot some shit with you guys and catch up on what's going on.

My Steam ID is OneAngryDwarf, and my community ID that I use is Clarkers, so that's what I'll be under for the group. Whenever I'm online, if anyone wants to hit me up for DoD, FF or TF2, I'm game.

So there we have it....LET THE KILLING COMMENCE!

It's all fun and games until somone hits the sheep
09-28-2007, 07:28 PM
I now have FF running decently. TF2 runs decent but hangs my system anywhere from 1-8 minutes into launch.