Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All Things Team Fortress and Steam
09-13-2007, 09:47 PM
All Things Team Fortress and Steam
Ok, so Fortress Forever just came out for anyone who is interested in some old skoolesq Team Fortress action.

Bakdu has also set up a Raven Guard group on Steam so go go go. If you have Steam go hit it up.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ravenguard
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2007, 09:59 PM
RE: All Things Team Fortress and Steam
I'm http://steamcommunity.com/id/xinfidelx go signup fools.

Will let us organize Steam action much easier.

Fear the Bakdu
09-13-2007, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2007 10:47 PM by Hotaldine.)
I just pre ordered the orange box cause I did not have HL2 so I can now play the beta on Monday
09-13-2007, 11:42 PM
So HL2 is all you need? Sweet, I'll go dig it out.

Unum momentum laxitatis ad aetam haeresis potest agere.
Numquam veniam da.
Numquam dedisce.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJkvt-6nEhTrHShNCXSHz...NYkqbyvS-U]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-13-2007, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2007 12:03 AM by Callum.)
If I bought HL2 and had a steam account but lost all the disks, can I like redownload the shizzit if I manage to find my account name and password?

Edit: Also, fuck those assholes for porting openfire and not one of my maps. Jesus Christ. It was a fucking god awful match on openfire where WoB took their fucking flag like a million fucking times and almost capped but never quite capped it and those fuckers capped ours like twice and we lost; that inspired me to do the partial flag points in g_r. /bitter

EditEdit: Looks like I should look at the Dev Team list. Those names bring back the memories.
09-14-2007, 12:22 AM
k I can't find the discs, but I still have HL2 on my computer and it let me play it. I don't get this Steam shit at all (part of the reason I stopped playing) so I'll try to figure it out.

Numquam veniam da.
Numquam dedisce.
09-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Alright, should be signed up in the RG thing.

Do I have to get this fileplanet gayness to dl TF?

Numquam veniam da.
Numquam dedisce.
09-14-2007, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2007 11:26 AM by Riffzifnab.)
They have mirrors up now:

http://www.fortress-forever.com/

[edit]
Holy shit: http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=stats

1. There are how many people playing regular counter strike still? Christ.
2. FF was released *yesterday* and is already the 8'th most played game. Daym.
09-15-2007, 12:39 AM
buy day of defeat source plaz

[Image: moowipedusthatfucker.jpg]
09-15-2007, 10:45 PM
So I gave it a go but even with messing with config files until the game looks like puke I can't even avoid lag when I'm alone in a fucking room with nothing going on, which I don't understand. I know my comp isn't that leet, 3 Ghz 1 GB ram, x800, but it's not complete crap and it ran HL2 ok. Meh.
09-16-2007, 12:05 AM
that's not all that different than what i'm running and the lag doesn't seem that bad. maybe it's that the last time i played team fortress in any version it was on dial up lol. to me it was the server that was lagging. /shrugs

wish you the best of luck and hope you can work the schmutz out.

Rumor has it that anger filled QQs on the forums are the key to defeating warlocks.

<Riffy> Veg writing coherently is like me spelling shti right.
09-16-2007, 04:44 AM
Yeah dude, I went and found a tweak site about cleaning out and renewing drivers. It helped that game out a lot. I had lag and lockups and shit...and now it's worked fine for the most part.

Go to http://www.tweakguides.com, find your vid card, go through the process that dude talks about with manually cleaning out old driver info and shit.

It's got a bunch of handy shit on there too for general gaming...explanations of what some shit is that you always forget when booting up a new game like anisotropic filtering, etc.

Numquam veniam da.
Numquam dedisce.
09-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Desyphur Wrote:Alright, steam friends is a packet hog, and causes a massive decrease in FPS. To disable Steam Friends during games, join a server. Press Shift + Tab. Enter Settings, click the third tab. There should be a check box that is checked that says "enable steam community during gameplay" or something similar. Uncheck that. Restart your copy of FF, and your FPS should go up substantially.

To a mod, please sticky this. I had horrible FPS, and now, running a ATI Radeon 9600, I get a good 25-30 FPS during hectic battles.

Happy Huntings!

(Edit: You can do this above in any HL2 game, and it will also effect FF, so if you can't run FF, try this in HL2: DM)

-edit by 4est
STEAM friends occasionally still ran during games. (my luck)

In friends go to View > Settings > Friends Tab and uncheck "Automatically start friends when I launch STEAM". If you have manually logged into friends, be sure to restart STEAM before playing games so as to log out of friends.
-source
09-17-2007, 07:10 AM
I'm in ur steam group killin ur doodz Very Happy
09-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Callum Wrote:Edit: Also, fuck those assholes for porting openfire and not one of my maps. Jesus Christ. It was a fucking god awful match on openfire where WoB took their fucking flag like a million fucking times and almost capped but never quite capped it and those fuckers capped ours like twice and we lost; that inspired me to do the partial flag points in g_r. /bitter

Looks like Faelic is going to have to break out the mapping software and do the ports himself Mr. Green

(I do hope you do get back into mapping, good stuff)