Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Conan???
05-25-2008, 09:29 AM
RE: Conan???
Skarrd Wrote:not that im confident i really want to be doing much gaming at college anyway.
Smart Man, spend more time doing drugs and getting laid, less time playing as a wizard. Not to mention you probably have to live in the dorms first year and dorm interweb is usually complete shit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Until you figure out how to get around their proxy server and you find the guys hosting the warez/pr0n.

Protip: Hide the wire running to the ENG building very well.
05-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Thedruidjr Wrote:Until you figure out how to get around their proxy server and you find the guys hosting the warez/pr0n.

Protip: Hide the wire running to the ENG building very well.

See what I mean about doing drugs and getting laid rather then game Skarrd?
05-25-2008, 04:40 PM
dont listen to moo. Get your education. There is plenty of time once you have a good job to get laid. Life is like 70 years long, you dont have to do everything before you hit 21, there is plenty of time.

Unlike moo, who has already peaked in life and is simply waiting it out.

envy me.
05-25-2008, 08:12 PM
It's so weird to think that dorm internet is slower than home internet- but I guess broadband is the norm at home now. Back when I was starting college, most people still had dial-up at home, so moving to the dorms was like a gamer's dream come true

I'm going to have to agree with eveyone else and say gaming laptops = bad. I burned through two of them over the course of two years. They're like twice as expensive as their desktop counterparts and there is simply no room for heat dissapation so the damn things wear out super fast.

Maybe you can be like "hey parents, i need 2 grand for a new computer!" then buy a cheap 700 dollar laptop off newegg, and spend the rest of the cash on computer parts- switch them out of your current case so they never know, and then just be like "yeah im taking my old comp up just in case something happens"

[Image: moowipedusthatfucker.jpg]
05-25-2008, 09:10 PM
lol, im not gonna bother with the hassle of bringing a desktop up. anyway, everybody in the world seems to agree that laptops arent for gaming, so ill be upgrading my desktop (making a thread for halp right after this is done being written). i do still need at least a mildly good laptop, though im sure not all that magnificent in terms of gaming standards, because im majoring in engineering and ill be using design programs and such. i dont think thats an issue, though im going to double check before i buy a notebook.

anyway, come halp me in my attempt to un-hijack this thread thread.

on topic of this thread, i checked out that feat calc riff posted before. how many feat points do you get up to 80? the level reqs on the icon lead me to believe they start at level 10, which would be 71 points when maxed, no? the points dont seem to have a limit. i was just previewing the talents individually anyway, but it seemed wrong.
05-25-2008, 09:34 PM
What engineering programs?

CAD will be pretty demanding depending on what you're working on, others may not require much of anything.
05-25-2008, 09:36 PM
RE:
Thedruidjr Wrote:What engineering programs?

CAD will be pretty demanding depending on what you're working on, others may not require much of anything.

thats what im going to find out before i buy the thing. seems to be a lot harder to find out than it should be. im going to orientation on the 15th and 16th, so i can probably find out then, but the website seems pretty worthless.
05-26-2008, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2008 12:43 AM by Libarachi.)
skarrd, I'm an ME and use Solidworks and Autodesk daily. They chew through memory like mad and large assemblies can still bring the Dell XPS with 8800gt sli I work on to its knees.

If the campus your heading to is anything like mine, there will be plenty of workstations and labs that have CAD programs. It isn't worth the money for you to build a machine that can handle CAD well and then dump a couple hundred more into the software (if you can't get it free..).

I bought a laptop right before I went to college and have rarely done more than type a paper or gone on the internet with it. You can buy a $500 dollar new laptop that will do this. http://www.slickdeals.net is your friend. Or you can buy a used one off eBay for half that.

I have, however, had a few days wishing I would have just spent another $1000 on my desktop in storage, memory, screen etc. instead of buying a top-of-the-line laptop.

I believe it is 71 feat points.
05-26-2008, 01:58 AM
I looked at all the specs on the ol Can My Computer Run This site or whatever...and it seems (aside from memory which I might be able to free up) my processor is the only thing below minimum req.

I've had luck before with games running okay with my low end system, but I'm not for sure about this one.

My processor is a 2.5ghz and it says 3ghz req. So I dunno if that would run or not, and I can't drop 50 bucks right now just to "try it out."

But hell.

CROM, GIVE ME A GIFT OF LOTTERY!

Unum momentum laxitatis ad aetam haeresis potest agere.
Numquam veniam da.
Numquam dedisce.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJkvt-6nEhTrHShNCXSHz...NYkqbyvS-U]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-26-2008, 09:08 AM
I watched Conan last night, it was awesome. Then I got back to leveling with Riff.

You all need to join us, if we get enough coming over then I will start up RG again.

Ater, you'll probably manage ok with that if you have a decent video card. Better than Skarrd anyway. Very Happy

Feat points (talent points) are weird in progression in that you get TWO every 10th level, except for level 10 itself. So the 71 you'd expect for being 80, plus 7 more for levels 20, 30, 40, etc. for 78 feat points total.

Fear the Bakdu
05-26-2008, 09:49 AM
RE:
Bakdu Wrote:Ater, you'll probably manage ok with that if you have a decent video card. Better than Skarrd anyway. Very Happy

lol, yeah. my processor is at 2.2ghz, but im pretty sure the floating black haircuts after i log in means it isnt my processors fault. but i did hear a lot of people complaining about bad gameplay in the chat and they were "at the minimum specs." id go for it, but then you may find you want to upgrade at least a little anyway.
05-26-2008, 12:10 PM
2.5 will do fine Ater, the cpu is hardly ever the bottleneck when it comes to game graphics.
05-28-2008, 06:16 AM
Cool, I mean my vid card isn't anything fantastic...it's a Radeon x850, but it said it was fine for the minimum specs of the game.

I do have 2 gigs of ram, yay.

I'll give it a shot. I WILL NOT LET MYSELF BE DENIED THE GLORY OF CROM.

(Although, the dudes I tend to run with lately--with my hours-- are Mikyle and some Og dudes, so it'll be like me, Mikyle, Xaraxus, Mariek, etc all runnin around. Can't remember what server they're on, but they mentioned seeing a character named Nobo...funny huh. I know Reila is on there somewhere too.)

Unum momentum laxitatis ad aetam haeresis potest agere.
Numquam veniam da.
Numquam dedisce.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJkvt-6nEhTrHShNCXSHz...NYkqbyvS-U]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user