Poll: Where would you like the next meetup to be?
Winnipeg
Boston
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Winnipeg or Boston? RG meetup '10
11-11-2009, 05:11 PM
RE: Winnipeg or Boston? RG meetup '10
(11-11-2009 03:14 PM)MadWacker Wrote:  Veal, there's a really good french bistro at the corner of Tache and Provencher that has really good poutine. I'm not sure if it's still there though. Think it was called Promenade Bistro. Apparently it was taken over by a new chef so I don't know if the poutine is still any good. You'd have to check it out and let me know Razz

iirc Paladins also has pretty good poutine.

I've been to Paladins, though, it was a while ago. But do they use curd?.

Poutine really isn't something anyone should eat more than once or twice a year anyway...

[Image: drinky_sqrl.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2009, 05:37 PM
I would assume that they use cheese curds. Any self-respecting french Canadian restaurant would.

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
11-11-2009, 05:38 PM
You can get real poutine in Winnipeg, are you nuts? Smile

Fear the Bakdu
11-11-2009, 06:16 PM
(11-11-2009 02:49 PM)Moomaster Wrote:  Denver

I agree, denver would be awesome

[Image: blackkoolaidwp7.gif]
11-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Kansas was the plan last year but I don't think people are willing to drive out to the midwest. I'm down to travel anywhere- so all you Midwesterners (ater, moo, hairdo) can pile into my car and we'll make the trip a blast

The nice thing about Winnipeg is that all the wired peeps are close by and can probably join us. Then again if we do Boston then were close to the east coasters who didn't come last time (skarrd, riz, hotal, kat, riff, grams etc).

I like how all the people who voted for Canada are IN Canada. Except moo. wtf moo?

[Image: moowipedusthatfucker.jpg]
11-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Veal, there's a really good french bistro at the corner of Tache and Provencher that has really good poutine.

^ that line alone is a contradiction. No good FRENCH bistro has poutine.
11-12-2009, 12:41 AM
of course i went canada, like i said me + boston = my drunken fist + asshole redsox fan face - your money = my bail
11-12-2009, 01:17 AM
divide by zero

11-12-2009, 01:17 AM
also one of you math people should write a proof that reduces moo's equation to

"boston = my first + your asshole"

11-12-2009, 01:43 AM
I voted boston for closeness! Upon further consideration, canada would be better because I am not legal here. I can't say the chances of me actually going to canada would be high, though. Also, I concur with moo on this red sox fan bit. I would have to wear full on 2009 yankee world series win clothes the whole time.
11-12-2009, 08:38 AM
skarrd none of us want to have sex with you so you would be fine in boston
11-12-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't know hotal, I hung out with Kat twice last year and he definitely wanted to have sex with me.
11-12-2009, 11:46 PM
moo im with you, ill gladly take part in beating down some faggot ass chowd sox fan. i fucking HATE the red sox, more than any franchise in any sport, and i hate fucking MLB, and that has nothing to do with an team affiliation at all, i couldnt give a fuck less about any mlb team, even the yankees, but those fucking red sox i swear, biggest bandwagon douche bag fans on the planet. Boston is a city of fucksticks, i've never been there, and i never want to, i hope they all burn in hell!!!

And lastly, i've never even heard of fucking Poutine, what kind of nerdy ass shit is that? some gay french meal? Even james probably thinks that shits gay, and thats telling you guys something. Dont turn this into some nerdnick conversation about food no one knows or cares about

11-13-2009, 11:16 AM
(11-12-2009 11:46 PM)Haidro Wrote:  And lastly, i've never even heard of fucking Poutine, what kind of nerdy ass shit is that? some gay french meal? Even james probably thinks that shits gay, and thats telling you guys something. Dont turn this into some nerdnick conversation about food no one knows or cares about

It's french fries with cheese curds and gravy on it.
It's kind of delicious, sort of gross, and terribly bad for you.

Some fancy places (like, in Montreal) have more stuff in there, like chorizo, tabasco, and banana peppers, but the curd/gravy thing is the basic.

You can find it here and there in Canada, but I really think it's much more of a Québécoise thing.

All in all, Canada doesn't have much of a unique food culture. Though, interestingly, Cajun cuisine (culture really, the word itself actually) comes from exiled French-Canadian Acadians. But it only came about after they left Canada.

[Image: drinky_sqrl.gif]
11-13-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure if that sounds good or bad. I bet if i was hammered it'd be delicious