Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Burning Crusade Beta Soon?
10-05-2006, 11:09 AM
RE: Burning Crusade Beta Soon?
Ater is right, drakes don't have wings, dragons do. This is largely a DnD conciet though, and even that isn't consistent, as some settings have drakes that are just sort of generic dragons. I've never been a fan of drakes, as they were sort of created for the miniatures game, which isn't real DnD to my mind. However, it should be pointed out that this is warcraft, and drake here means "teenageish dragon." The three drakes in BWL, most of the dragons in Test of Skulls, and the 4 dragons aside from Eranikus in ST are all drakes, as are a variety of mobs around the world. The general growth track for dragons in WoW seems to be egg-->whelp-->drake-->dragon. Not that anyone cares really, they all drop lewt and you can skin 'em.

You stay away from me, Tiny Frankenstein!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Drake is just an archaic derivative from the same word as dragon and describes the conventional european style dragon. The scandanavian and germanic word for dragon was lindworm. The lindworms could be winged or wingless but were more snake like, similar to Asian dragons.

[Image: 681lboyR.png]
10-05-2006, 01:08 PM
asian dragons suck.

gogo big monster things with 4 legs giant wings and fire-breathing-ness.