Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Conan???
05-21-2008, 12:10 AM
RE: Conan???
Yup, found out my computer can't rock it. Hell the install is even like 25gbs and I only have 18 free on this rig.

So I'll have to wait a bit...being broke and without leet computer is pure hell to a gaming dork, I tell ya.

Unum momentum laxitatis ad aetam haeresis potest agere.
Numquam veniam da.
Numquam dedisce.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJkvt-6nEhTrHShNCXSHz...NYkqbyvS-U]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2008, 08:37 AM
BY CROM, THATS A HUGE INSTALL.

It's like 25gb prepatched, yeah.

I'm rocking a barrel of a Cimmerian, looks awesomely appropriate for a Bear shaman. I got to level 10 yesterday and called it a night.

JOIN ME OR DIE

Fear the Bakdu
Find all posts by this user
05-21-2008, 08:46 AM
RESERVE MY NAME PLAZ

geeze 10 levels in one night? you is a monsta!

[Image: moowipedusthatfucker.jpg]
05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
did you uninstall wow, ater?

speaking of, i just checked wow in the remove program spot and its only 7.2gb. what kind of nutty game are you guys playing that makes it 3x+ bigger then wow?
05-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Skarrd Wrote:did you uninstall wow, ater?

speaking of, i just checked wow in the remove program spot and its only 7.2gb. what kind of nutty game are you guys playing that makes it 3x+ bigger then wow?

Every NPC interaction during my first 10 levels has had a voiceover. I think it adds up after a while. That and it's "new and bigger" graphically, although I don't think it's all the greatest in that regard. But not bad for an MMO. The animations are entertaining at least. Smile

Fear the Bakdu
05-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Paganini Wrote:RESERVE MY NAME PLAZ

geeze 10 levels in one night? you is a monsta!

Seriously? What name(s) if so.

Fear the Bakdu
05-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Have you checked out the female toons yet?
Some of my friends in Altf4 are playing and one guy is playing a female healer, he posted pics of his toon Shocked

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for outselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
~Victor Hugo~
05-21-2008, 06:55 PM
id consider checking this out for at least a little bit if i thought my computer could deal with it. i certainly dont have 25gb free, and the recommended ram is 2gb, while im chilling at the minimum of 1. i may check it out later on when i buy a laptop and ill just buy a nice one. my computer is a bit old now anyway, and if i need a laptop upgrading is sort of silly.

anyway, you guys liking it so far? im feeling sort of sketchy on if its completely my style or not.
05-21-2008, 07:53 PM
I finally found the game locally, Best Buy and Targhetto were sold out.

Get a 7 day free trial from someone Skarrd. There is also 3 part video on Tentonhammer that does a good overview of the game.
05-21-2008, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2008 09:33 PM by Callum.)
yes, nipples = win.
05-22-2008, 12:01 AM
Elder if you can please. Getting it this weekend.

"id like to think i walk the fine line between nerd and asshole- so im like the worst of both worlds" - Pag
05-22-2008, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2008 01:35 AM by Libarachi.)
My character name is Jenkor, I'm a Dark Templar. Game seems pretty interesting so far, I like the combat system.
05-22-2008, 03:45 AM
RE:
Bakdu Wrote:Seriously? What name(s) if so.

Paganini and Dude (if it's open) for me

[Image: moowipedusthatfucker.jpg]
05-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Dude was already taken, sorry.

Fear the Bakdu
05-22-2008, 10:21 AM
One of my friends look on the game so far.
wook Wrote:Welp:

So far I have played to level 13 as a Barb.
Here are my thoughts....

The Graphics are like a cross between Guild Wars and LOTOR. The Screen shots do not do the actual game justice. It looks far far better than any screen shot.
There are Zones, like in DAOC. Not as bad but still there are some loading screens. Takes less than 20 seconds to zone in. Strangely though, its not to go into the City, but to go into things like the Inn and closed door buildings, also other zones as well.

The Combat is unique. Clicking the direction of your swing and constantly having to click to attack has not gotten old yet. Conversely: you can use the same system to block. I have not used this yet, but I have not really seen a need yet. Remember I am at the PUSH BUTTAN stage. I have a lot of combo moves and they indicate what direction you need to swing prior, or what else needs to be cast first in order to fire the combo.

The Quest system is VERY well thought out. Think Wow with the ! and ? system, and then plot them all on a map. Including starting and finishing points and what the reward is. The maps list all this. VERY VERY nice.
Just like in WOW, it lists the quest level in reference to your lvl and you can see the reward for finishing. You can also see if their is other extensions to the quests as well.

There is also a Single player quest string that goes until you are lvl 20. Its the Tortage at night. You actually have to go to the Inn and tell the NPC that you want to Go to the night side. There are less NPC's and less quests and more danger. There is also no players, other than their chat in the General window. The quest series for all characters is Similar, but with different NPC's and certain quests requring that you use your class specific skills.

PVP, Well, that is a Cluster fuck Gankfest. Think Wow on Open PVP Day 1-10. Add the fact that assholes had an opportunity to hone thier skills in WOW for 3 years and you get skilled assholes. Throw in teh Ability for All classes to get a form of stealth

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for outselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
~Victor Hugo~